Monday, December 14, 2009

Service Redesign: Insomnia Cookies


Insomnia Cookies Website

Insomnia Cookies is a fun new take on late-night food delivery service. Starting in UPenn’s campus, Insomnia had humble beginnings as a dorm to dorm student run late night cookie service. It soon got big and became a chain store throughout many big name college campus’s up and down the east coast. It’s popularity grew so much that they also integrated the use of food cart type trucks that you can find specifically on Temple’s campus. The best and greatest part about this place is that it’s open late. The store is open 11 AM - 1 AM and the delivery service runs from 7 PM - 2 AM. Not only do they have cookies but they also have brownies, ice cream, & of course ice cold milk. This is a great alternative to other late night food places that have the typical pizza, Chinese food, etc. etc. I love this place and frequent it at least once a week. Since their delivery service only runs from a certain point of radius I’ve only experienced their in-store service. There are a few problems with that. As of right now, they only take orders via the internet and at a $6 minimum whether or not it’s pick-up or delivery. One time I showed up & was told that i would have to place an order on-line because they didn’t have any cookies. There are just a lot of things that don’t make sense as far as ordering goes with this place. One time I placed an order online & since I was already signed up, my order went straight through without asking me what kind of payment I wanted to use (cash or credit). I had entered my credit card info so i assumed my order was paid for. When I got there, they looked at me like I was crazy. So I had to go find an ATM. Also they’re customer service is awful. Lots of inconveniencies for no reason. So the main concentration of my service redesign was on Insomnia Cookies ordering process. I plan on making ordering simple, easy, and fool-proof. Also utilizing the phone service as part of the ordering process.



No comments:

Post a Comment